The Fusion-series lid elements use a new element groove that eliminates element pins. The element coils are wider than the groove opening, so the elements stay in place without pins.
A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
Imagine the glass you could sag, slump, and fuse with this kiln. Make small bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Enjoy the glittering beauty of dichroics. Make treasured gifts. When you own a Paragon kiln, you can experiment with new glass ideas to your heart’s content. The transformation of the glass inside the kiln is magical and mystical. It changes from pieces of arranged cut glass to awe-inspiring art. To be some part of that process is a true gift.
The digital Sentry Xpress 3 key controller comes standard on all Fusion-series kilns. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation. The reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller.
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and
- Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold. Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual.
- The Fusion-8 is 9” deep and includes a heating element in the sidewalls. Enjoy enhanced heat control with fusing, slumping, and embossing.
- Digital Sentry Xpress with 8 Segment Ramp-Hold, Skip Segment & Program Review Heating elements in top of all models
- The element groove eliminates element pins.
- Heating elements in the sidewalls of the Fusion-8 ¼” heavy duty sheathed Type-K thermocouple 2 ½” insulating refractory firebrick in walls and bottom; 3” firebrick lid Lock-in lid support Full-formed galvanized steel base
- Louvered switch box, heavy duty wiring
- Tapered peephole with plug for a wide view
Glass must be fired on a ceramic shelf; never directly on the kiln firing chamber bottom.
Now comes with a 13amp plug !!! No need for the cooker socket !!! 8 - sided firing chamber, 17.5" wide and 9" deep.
Max temperature is 1700 F.Top and side elements for all round heating enabling enhanced control with fusing, slumping, and embossing.